Attendees: Brian Stevens, Brian MacDonald, Ann, Kroll-Lerner, Fred Lavenburg, Les Allen
Budget: Brian Stevens explained our current/YE financial position. Our 2015 expenses were about $3,000 over budget. In addition, the first week in Jan. found a $2,000 unexpected expense to replace a chemical pump. From this position and with some expected equipment/material replacements within the next two years, Brian proposed adding 5% to our water rate.The Prudential Committee approved this additional $10 per bill which will begin with the 2nd quarter billing and produce an additional $2,160 over the current rate, by YE ’16. Please refer to attachment #2 to track the trends from 2011 and to assess the 2016 budget proposed for your vote on 1/19/16.
Sludge (waste water) removal expense: There was a brief discussion regarding the anomaly in this (2015) expense. We believe we can contain this in 2106 and it is reflected in the proposed budget.
Elections: The P.C. plans to make the following nominations at our 2/19/16 annual meeting;
- Ann Kroll-Lerner for a second three year term as a P.C. member, rejoining Brian MacDonald and Fred Lavenburg.
- Brian Stevens for a one year term as Treasurer.
- Les Allen for a one year term as Clerk.
- Mac Lippert for a one year term as Bill Collector.
Other nominees will be accepted from the floor.
- Mac Lippert has informed us of his selection for a one year sabbatical from St. Mike’s College beginning in September. Therefore we need a replacement or fill-in Bill Collector by 9/1/16.
- Brian MacDonald, for personal reasons, will need to leave his P.C. position sometime this Spring and the P.C. will need to appoint a replacement to complete the remaining 1+3/4 year term.
- Mike Wright has until now, provided us with web management services. Mike is now working in Florida and Kathy plans to join him there. Anybody with these skill? We need you.
All of the Fire District management team positions are on a voluntary basis. The rewards are limited to the satisfaction of keeping this necessary neighborhood service functioning and to the frequent deafening applause at monthly meetings. Please give consideration to filling one of these, soon to be vacant positions, and advise me or one of the P.C. members of your interest.Respectfully submitted,Les Allen, Clerk, JFD#1