Below are the minutes of the Jericho Fire District meeting held on May 18, 2021.
Attendees: Brian Stevens, Jeff Earl, Ann Lerner-Kroll, Charlie Windisch
Meeting was held via Zoom and called to order at 7pm
- It is believed that all residents are paid up and current for the second quarter bills. We will verify that this is in fact true.
- Brian reported we are still awaiting word from the state with regards to our application for DWSRF monies, to be used for payment for the greensand filter replacement (this summer). We expect to hear within the next couple of weeks. Our fallback position is a loan from the Community Bank NA.
- Our bank balance is in good standing. (If anyone would like details, the committee would be glad to share the information).
- A short discussion was held regarding the use of the common land around the well head. This land is open to all Foothills residents. Grass paths are being mowed and maintained (thank you Chris Lavorgna) for our benefit. There was a No Trespassing sign that was removed (by whom we do not know), but will be replaced. The sign was to signal that the land was not open to the general public. The committee again wants to point out it is open for the enjoyment of our neighbors.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40pm Next meeting is Tuesday, June 15 at 7pm.
- Charlie Windisch, JFD #1 Secretary
Minutes of the JFD #1 Meeting held April 20, 2021
Meeting was held via Zoom; called to order at 7pm.
Attendees: Chris Laskowski, Chris Lavorgna, Brian Stevens, Ann Kroll-Lerner, Charlie Windisch
- Second quarter bills were due April 1st. There was a slight increase in the amount due – $235 vs the previous amount of $230. Several payments were received in the old amount; an email was sent to those affected. The latest status as to how many outstanding bills as of the meeting time was not available.
- Brian reported that a decision on our loan/grant application to the state (drinking water fund) should be available in several weeks. As a backup, an application has been made to the Community Bank NA. The money is needed to pay for the greensand filter replacement that will happen this year.
- At this point, we are waiting for Green Mountain Engineering to submit the design and acquire a permit for the replacement of the filter. Once that happens, we can get a schedule in place for the work to begin.
- SOS reports the communication between the pump house and the reservoir seems to be good at this point.
- The consumer confidence report has been received from SOS (Simon Operating Systems). It will be distributed (as required by law) to all Foothills residents for their review.
Meeting was called to an end at 7:35pm
Nest meeting: Tuesday, May 18
- Charlie Windisch, Secretary
The monthly JFD #1 meeting was held via Zoom on March 16, 2021.
Members present: Fred Lavenberg, Brian Stevens, Ann Lerner-Kroll, Chris Lavorgna, Chris Laskowski,
Jeffrey Earl, Robert Nadal, Charlie Windisch
Meeting was called to order at 7pm.
- Second quarter water bills have been sent out via US mail. Bills are to be paid by April 1st! (If for some reason you have not received your bill, please contact Robert Nadal. Also note that the bills have increased by $5 – total due is now $235.
- The list of valves that need to be replaced was reviewed (email from Simon Operating System). SOS will forward an estimate as soon as it’s available. Work is planned for this Spring.
- The heater in the pump building intermittently stops working. This is a new unit, so it should be problem free at this point. Chris Laskowski will take a look; if more serious, the contractor who installed it will be contacted.
- Communication between the pump house and reservoir okay at the moment. Situation will continue to be monitored.
- The financials were reviewed. Overall our accounts are in good shape.
- Brian Stevens reported on the loan/grant that was submitted to the state that will cover the replacement of the greensand filter in the pump house (estimated in the $40K range.) He will also pursue a loan thru the Community Bank in case the grant application falls through.
Meeting was called to an end at 7:40pm.
(Note – All Foothills residents are eligible to attend these meetings, held the third Tuesday of the month.
Contact Charlie Windisch for more information.)
- Charlie Windisch, Secretary